Who are we?
We are 75F. It is time to thrust commercial building intelligence into the 21st century. We are disrupting the building management systems and smart energy management industries through innovation and technology. The 75F technology stack is comprised of hardware, firmware, mobile, web UI (i.e., Angular), NodeJS and Java services, Azure CosmosDB, InfluxDB (i.e., time-scaled database), machine learning, and big data analytics. Our solutions leverage cloud services, big data, machine learning, purpose-built hardware, and mobile solutions to help buildings manage themselves, all while saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint.
What We Value: Teamwork | Innovation | Extreme Ownership | Tenacity
Who are we looking for?
75F is seeking a motivated, high energy, and detail-oriented leader to drive the expansion of our Engineering departments, both locally in Minnesota and our remote team in India. Critical to this role is the ability to remain a strong, hands-on technologist as we scale, while also being able to offer planning, insight and coaching. A successful candidate will ensure that their teams are adaptable, following agile delivery processes, and delivering quality, maintainable, well-tested, and well-architected solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and grow the engineering division of the organization, building a highly professional and motivated team.
- Deliver integrated software and hardware solutions with consistently high quality and reliability, in a timely and predictable manner.
- Be responsible for the overall product development life cycle. Technical Effort Management: resource estimates and schedules for development of new releases, features and products in an agile environment.
- Establish a philosophy of modular, well defined and documented specifications/architecture to ensure efficiency and maintainability.
- Manage local in-house and offshore engineering resources. Manage and mentor the software, hardware and QA teams.
- Interact with product management and sales teams, as well as customers to capture high-level business requirements to translate into technical functional requirements and prioritize development features.
Other Skills and Abilities
- 6+ years of relevant work experience managing technical projects and engineers is required.
- Hands-on experience in delivering integrated software/hardware end to end solutions. Successfully developed products in a managerial capacity, brought them to market and supervised on-going maintenance and upgrade releases.
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, life-cycle methodology, configuration management, release management, and system verification and test.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability)
- Hands-on deep practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum is required. Must have the flexibility to address dynamic market and customer needs with rapid turnaround time.
- Strong knowledge/experience in hardware and embedded product development.
- Proven ability to recruit, retain and grow world-class software developers and managers using strong teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-departmentally to drive a project to completion within project budget and timeline.
- Reputation for creating and leading a high-performance culture; a high-energy individual who can motivate and energize others.
- Technical experience in the following areas preferred:
- IoT embedded hardware solutions with C/C++ firmware
- Android, Java
- Using or developing Enterprise Reporting., Business Intelligence Tools, Analytics, Machine Learning/AI
- Understanding data mining, data cleansing, data quality, or data integration
- DevOps, CI/CD in Azure world
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
*This role is based out of our Bloomington, MN office. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.