What We Value: Teamwork | Innovation | Extreme Ownership | Tenacity
The mission of the Senior Firmware Engineer is to drive the development of firmware for 75F's proprietary hardware devices. Working with the Lead Firmware Engineer and product management, you will use your exceptional technical competency and deep understanding of software, firmware and hardware processes to create IoT products at the vanguard of the Built Environment.
- Responsible for assisting with end to end delivery of embedded firmware for microcontroller-based systems.
- Coordinate with the product management team to create and release product requirements, design specifications, and design descriptions
- Provide domain knowledge/training to engineering and support teams
- Participating in an agile environment to deliver on agreed upon timelines
- Validation of the delivery and quality assurance thru coding standard standards and testing frameworks
- Uphold best engineering practices through processes and tools
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
The Person We Need Has:
- A love for, and alignment with, the 75F mission, virtues & values.
- An Extremely High Technical Aptitude… we are an extremely high- tech company!
- A love of electronics, gadgets and all things geeky.
- Insanely superb written and verbal good communication skills and a high level of professionalism along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills
- A fast learner, comfortable teaching yourself with new skills, and can thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment.
And the following Skills & Experience:
- BE preferred and minimum of 4+ years' experience in firmware development in C and C++, other desired languages include: Python, Bash, Shell, Scripting, VHDL, Verilog
- Proven expertise designing, architecting, coding and testing of embedded firmware projects with RF and microcontrollers
- Experience with developing firmware for low power battery-powered IoT devices
- Experience developing code on ARM microcontrollers (ie: Atmel, Nordic, ST, PIC, SiLabs, TI)
- Experience in RF protocols like Zigbee, Bluetooth and 900 MHz mesh network.
- Experience with implementing security and privacy best practices
- Previous HVAC/controls experience is a big plus
- Expertise in analog and digital hardware is desirable
- Familiarity with IoT platforms, evolving communication standards and sensors
*Please note: this role is based out of our offices in Bloomington, MN.